Thursday, December 2, 2010

Panini Season Update - Mavs Edition

I picked up this team set of Mavericks on ebay a few weeks ago. I guess the 2009-10 Season Update set must be hobby only, because I haven't seen any packs of these at Wal-mart or Target.

I actually like the design of this set and don't really have any "I can do better" points to make. I'm just glad they put out another set that actually includes the background of the photos. My only complaint is that there aren't enough Mavs in the set.

This fault seems to have carried over into the 2010-11 sets as well. So far, Prestige and Rookies & Stars are only featuring 5 or 6 guys per team including some retired guys. Since it doesn't look like Panini is going to put out a "flagship" set this year, I'm not sure where I'm going to get my JJ Barea and Rodrique Beaubois cards among others this year. I really think they should put out at least one set where you know your going to get at least 10 if not more of the guys on your favorite team. I mean, you gotta give the bench guys a little love, right? Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment