Friday, May 6, 2011

Mavs up, 2-Doh! on the Lakers! Woo Hoo!

Wow! Can you believe it? I can't actually, though I'm lovin' it. So far the series with the Lakers has been awesome, but I've learned over the years to not count my chickens before they're hatched, when it comes to my beloved Mavs. I've had my sports heart broken too many times already. Here's hopin' they can keep it up when they come back to Dallas. Here are a few Mavs cards from the recently released Classics set.


Dirk has been the man so far in this series, but what did you expect. Even Sir Charles can't stop gushing about him this year, he's fully on the bandwagon. Took him long enough to get there. In Chuck's words, Dirk really has been unguardable so far.


Dirk can't do it alone, though, and this guy is probably the second most important piece this year. Tyson brings the toughness the Mavs have lacked and I've seen more finished alley-oops this year than every other Mavs season combined, I think. He's a beast!


I feel kinda sorry for Caron being left out of the fun. Hopefully if the Mavs make it to the finals, he'll be able to get a little time. He's been rehabbing like a mad man.


Ian, on the other hand is not likely to see any time unless Chandler and Haywood are in bigtime foul trouble. It's kinda weird that he's even in this set considering there are only 4 Mavs included. What about Jason Kidd?


Lastly, I also picked up this nice Dirk relic with a sweet blue swatch. I really like the contrast of the yellow and blue.

So game three is tonight in Dallas and I can't wait. I'm just glad tomorrow is Saturday. These games ending at 12:30 are rough when you gotta get up for work at 5:00. It's been well worth it though! Later.

1 comment:

  1. Hey D,

    Just wanted to let you know I'm doing a groupbreak of Gypsy Queen for $8 per team.

    -Cameron @Cardboard Heaven

    ReplyDelete