Wednesday, January 11, 2012

An All New Collection For The Whole Family!

I'm not totally sure why we've just NOW gotten into our newest household collection, but we're all into them nonetheless. At least my daughter and middle son and I are. What am I talking about you ask? Why Lego Minifigures, of course! Now don't get me wrong, we didn't just discover Legos. I've been playing with them since I was a kid and my own kids have tubs and tubs full and have had for years. For some reason though, we've never collected the series of minifigures until now which is Series 5. We've got some catching up to do. Anyway, once the kids got a few in their stockings, the quest to collect them all was on!



There are 16 different figures in each series and they come 1 figure per bag for about $3. We got all of ours at Walmart, and yes, we pack searched to avoid doubles. Sorry, had to to it. Besides, it's kind of fun to feel the pieces in each package and try to figure out what is inside. The first purchase we made we grabbed 4 random packs and didn't try to feel what was inside at all. We ended up with doubles of the graduate. Since then I've managed to go double free, correctly guessing a perfect 10 for 10 with no doubles. That means we have just 3 figures left to reach sixteen. Guess what I have to show you now!



You guessed it! The final 3 figures and again, I managed to avoid doubles. It really isn't that hard once you know what pieces are unique to each figure. And, unlike packsearching for that one hit per retail box of cards, all of the figures seem to be evenly split per box, so you're not really stealing anyone's chance of pulling something awesome or anything. So I don't feel guilty packsearching in this case. So as you can see, one of the last 3 figures was the clown.



We also found the evil dwarf...



and the royal guard, both of which are fairly easy to distinguish because of their unique headwear.



Here you can see the completed Series 5 checklist that Baby Peas has filled out. As you can see there is a double checkmark next to the graduate and also the lizard man. {I actually found another lizard man on purpose because I wanted one for my desk at work.) Now that we are done with series 5 we are looking towards series 6 which should hit stores soon, though all of our local Walmarts have so much series 5 in stock, it may be awhile before 6 shows up.



Here is the completed set of series 5 figures. We'd really like to try and find some of the older series to complete, but seeing as they've been out awhile, they won't all be cheap. I really want to find a tribal chief somewhere, he's got a sweet headdress! So if you are into Legos at all and haven't given these little dudes a look, I suggest you do. They're a lot of fun! Later.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Lego minifigures. I've contemplated purchasing boxes of these to get a set for myself and then selling the individual figures on eBay. Some of them did pretty well in earlier series.

    There actually an easier way to search these packs. The first couple of series all had different barcodes, but Lego switched it up on later releases. Now there's a series of bumps along the bottom of the package that tell you what figure it is. If you still have any of the wrappers around, check it out.

    ReplyDelete