Thursday, January 21, 2010

2010 Topps - First Pack of the Season is a Good Sign!

Well, I'm definitely not the first person to post about 2010 Topps being live, but I figure I might as well put my 2 cents in anyway. I checked the nearest Target last night, but they didn't have any. Today I called a few more and what do you know, the one closest to my work had them. (Brian, the Target on Marsh, near Love Field has them.) I grabbed 6 packs and, of course, had to open the first right away in the parking lot. The other 5 were supposed to be for Nobie to open, but he got in trouble at school, so he has to wait until tomorrow. Anyway, I'm not really a superstitious guy, but maybe I should be after opening this first pack of the season. Let's see what we got.

Woo Hoo! First card of the first pack of the season and we pull a Ranger. That right there means they'll win the pennant at least, I just know it. What else can it mean? I like Chris Davis a lot, I just hope he has a better year than he did last year. Not sure if I've ever seen anyone wearing eye black and sunglasses before. Maybe I just don't pay enough attention.

Here are the rest of the base cards in the pack. I know many people out there don't particularly care for this year's design, but I like it a lot. The only small gripe I have is that the team names seem a little too large in some cases, I think just using the logos would have been better.

We got a couple of inserts as well, including one of current Rangers President Nolan Ryan. Another Ranger! That's got to mean a trip to the World Series right? Two current Rangers in the first pack of the season, what's the deal? I like the Toppstown cards better this year than last, though they don't have the large team logos in the background like I remember on the previews. Which brings us to the last card of the pack. (It wasn't really last, but I had to add a little drama.)

What the heck? Another Ranger? Yes, sir. Turkey Red Ian Kinsler means the Rangers will for sure win the World Series this year. I'm not sure I should open anymore packs this season, I don't want to jinx them after all. I know Brian will back me up when I say this is a great start to what will hopefully be a great season for the Rangers. Good luck to the rest of you cheering for your favorite teams, but watch out for Texas! Opening day can't get here soon enough. Later.

3 comments:

  1. That was a sweet pack! You should definitely stop with that one...ha! I'll send you the rest of the Rangers when I get them. Just kidding, but if you keep up that luck, I can't wait to see what Rangers hits Nobie pulls. Tell him to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pack. Gotta love the Rangers pulls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that design. And pulling your players is never a bad thing.

    I'm still holding out for Heritage though.

    ReplyDelete