Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ready For Some Baseball? Big D Customs Spring Training.

A few days ago Captain Canuck said he wanted to see some other sport besides basketball. Well, Captain, here you go (although, he probably meant hockey). I did a Spring Training set back in 2010, so I though I'd do another one. I still think Topps should do something similar and eliminate the Opening Day set since it's just a Flagship variation. This would give us new guys in new uniforms, without having to be photoshopped. Of course, the entire calendar of releases would need to be shifted much later if you want this set to come out first, but that's not my problem. I'm just the designer.





In case you can't tell this is somewhat of an 82 Topps tribute. The thing I like about a possible Spring Training set is the chance for some interesting photography that you wouldn't get during the season. I tried to capture some of that here. I hope you like them. Later.

1 comment:

  1. very cool. I like the Spring Training idea... reminds me of '70's baseball cards. Palm trees, parking lots, etc...
    great choice of photos... although the Chipper makes me sad. reminds me of a day coming not too far in the future when he does walk away for the last time.

    ReplyDelete