Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sign Me Up For Some Good Stuff!

If you've hung around my blog even a little bit, you know that I'm a Dallas Mavericks homer. An MFFL if you will. I've been a Mavs fan ever since I was a young tyke growing up in Illinois and they drafted my favorite college player Mark Aguirre out of DePaul. In 1988 I actually had all my wildest dreams come true when my dad was transferred to Dallas and I could finally see every Mavs game on tv and even attend some in person. Then they traded Aguirre away within a few months of my arrival, for Adrian Dantley no less, who I couldn't stand. Damn it! Oh well, I stuck with them though the Shawn Bradley years even and last year they rewarded my with an NBA championship! All of this leads up to the fact that, while I've been a fan forever and have a gazillion Mavs cards, I have very few autographs of my favorite team, so I decided to do something about that. Here's what I've picked up recently.
Warning: Lot's of short shorts ahead!


First up we've got a Rolando Blackman Panini Elite Black Box. Ro is one of only 2 retired numbers by the Mavericks, the other being Brad Davis.


Next up is Sam Perkins on a Panini Studio Heritage Auto from a couple years ago. "Big Smooth" was one of those laid back kinda players that gave you great results with what appeared to be little effort.


Breaking the trend of short shorts in Michael Finley on a Skybox Autographics card. I would put Finley as number 3 on my all time favorite Mavs list behind Dirk and Aguirre. I think his number 4 should be retired.


Finishing out this batch of autos is another Panini Black Box featuring Mark Aguirre. I really wish things had ended better between the Mavs and Mark. I feel he is under appreciated for what he did here, and I still can't believe there is no #24 banner hanging in the rafters yet. I still keep hoping Cuban will get one up there eventually.

I'm really glad I finally managed to get some autos of great Mavs players from the past. Now I've got to figure out how to get one of Dirk, without costing me a fortune. Anyone got one for cheap? Later.

3 comments:

  1. Those are nice Big D! Congrats on some great additions to your Mavs collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh. My bad man. I've been away from the blogs for the last month. But I'm glad you got some Dallas autos...even if they did come from Panini. And I TOTALLY missed that sweet custom Batum that you made. Damn, I wish I could do stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pulled some 2009 UDX for you if you're interested.
    LMK

    ReplyDelete