Friday, November 27, 2009

Ebay finds

I'd been looking around a little for a Michael Young rookie card and when I saw his 2000 Topps Chrome one, I decided that was one that I needed to get. They had one at my local shop, but it was more than I wanted to pay so I decided to go the ebay route. I'm glad I did, because for just a couple bucks more I also got 2 other neat Young cards.

In addition to "Mike" Young's rookie card (that's kind of funny that it just says Mike Young, I don't know why really, it just is) I also got 2 Bowman Sterling game used bat cards. Sterling is way out of my price range as far as packs or boxes go, so it's cool to grab a single here and there. I really like the one with the bat cutout in the shape of a crown. The other card I picked up was this one...

That's right, another Kurt for the collection. Autographed, too, though it is on a sticker. It's a nice action shot of Kurt about to gun down a runner at second, or maybe, he's just throwing back to the mound. Whatever. I like it. My buddy Mojo sent me a Kurt auto a few weeks ago, so now this makes 3 total in the Kurt pages. Well, that's all for now, hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Later.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Zook!

    I think he's going to have a monster year next spring.

    I was shuffling through some stuff, and came up on a Chrome Kinsler refractor rook. I have to send you a pic its a real nice card.

    LMK if you want it.

    Happy Holidays,

    Mojo

    ReplyDelete