Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Certified Champions

While I'm awaiting new NBA product, I'm still picking up a few things from last year that managed to slip by. Panini's Certified set is the focus of this latest pickup and I only bothered to get the Mavs from the set. There are only 6 Mavs available unless you count the endless colored parallels, but I just got the base silver.

The Mavs attempt at a repeat hasn't been going so well lately as they've hit quite a bump in the road. They've had a few injuries and Lamar Odom has been nothing but a waste of space, but looking at these cards reminds me of what could have been. It would have been great to have kept Caron and Tyson (as well as J.J. & DeShawn) and see if they could have gone for two in a row, but I guess it wasn't meant to be for that group. Hopefully, this year's version can turn it around soon.



Just judging these base cards I like them a lot, especially the silvery foil swirl in the background. I've seen a few of the colored parallels on ebay and may have to pick up a few of those as well if the price is right. I think I'm just about caught up on 2010-2011 product. Look for a post on some new stuff soon. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment