Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cards From the Hall of Fame

A while back we got a package from Tim at The Great Sports Name Hall of Fame. We've traded with Tim several times so I can't remember if he owed me or now I owe him, but anyway, here's what he sent us this time.

A bunch of Cubs for Nobie. Can you spot the Fred McGriff? Tim always throws one in. I'm not sure if he's trying to convert us all to McGriff collectors or just has way to many on his hands.

Tim also sent a bunch of Cowboys including what has to be one of the worst photos for a player's card ever. I'm not even sure Darrin Smith's mom could figure out who is the featured player on this card, especially since the team name/logo is not present.

Here are the rest of the Cowboys we got, including a Daryl Johnston bipping!

Next up is a bunch of old school Rangers including what appears to be a school photo of Benji Gil.

Besides Rangers we got a sampling of some of our other baseball favorites. Eddie Murray appears to be questioning his magic mirror. Mirror, mirror on the wall...


Rounding out this package was a stack of basketball cards including some Mavs, Reggie, the Dream and the Mailman. Most of these come from the dark days of Maverick basketball, but that's okay, it really makes me appreciate the team we have now.


Thanks, for all the cards Tim. I'm not sure I have much to send in return, I don't think I have any more of what you collect, so I may have to repay you with a custom. How about this?



Later.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! Haha that'll do for sure!

    2 notes:
    1) On the McGriffs, can't it be both? I have tons of extras, but he also needs more hall support!

    2) Glad you noticed the Smith weirdness too. For the first 2-3 years I owned that card as a kid, I was sure that Smith was the Packers guy (who I think is actually Gilbert Brown).

    ReplyDelete