Thursday, June 3, 2010

More from the Mooss!

I sent a stack of racing Bodines and some Dick Trickle diecast to everyone's favorite antlered friend and this is what we got in return.

Good grief, more Peavys! I honestly don't know how he manages to include a few for Nobie every time we get a package. I didn't even know Joe had a brother Jake until we got this card. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's not as good as Joe. I'd like the shiny Borbon a lot better if he could actually hit this season. Reminds me of Coach Brown's criticism of Willie Mays Hayes in Major League, when he said, "You may run like Mays, but you hit like shit!" That's Julio. We also got a Panda we didn't have.

Besides baseball, the Mooss sent some very shiny football that doesn't look very shiny in the scans of course. One of these cards is not like the others, can you tell which one and why? Well, besides the fact that the Shannon Sharpe is a Fleer Metal unlike the others, he is also the only player shown not in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That's a joke in my opinion as he is one of, if not the greatest TE in history. Hopefully, he'll make it in eventually. Thanks for the great stuff as usual, Mooss! Later.

2 comments:

  1. Cool cards. I hate when the true beauty of a card doesn't shine because of scanners. Good Stuff tho. Totally agree with the S. Sharpe point. He deserves to get in.

    ReplyDelete