Sunday, May 2, 2010

A New Bud!

I received an email from Zach a few weeks ago asking if I'd be interested in a few Mavs team sets. I am a MFFL (even though they broke our hearts again early this year), so I said yes, of course! As far as I'm concerned, I can't ever have enough Mavs cards. I'll even take your Robert "Ice" Pack and Shawn "The Mantis" Bradleys, if you care to give them up. You may not know this, but when Dallas acquired those two guys in a trade with the Nets several years ago, Don Nelson said they were the cornerstones of the franchise. Really. He did. It's still not funny all these years later (and the sad thing is, he was serious!) Anyway, on to what Zach sent.

Team set of 2008-09 Fleer. I really like this set a lot. I actually already have the entire set since I bought a box myself. I haven't decided if I will try to complete the rookies and inserts though as there are quite a lot. The "doubles" Zach sent will be put into the player collection binders rather than the set one, so it's nice to have 2 of each now.

Zach also sent a complete set of 2008-09 UD First Edition. I don't think I had any of these yet. He also sen the gold version (see below) of 4 of these cards, interestingly enough, the four guys who still actually play for the Mavericks.

In addition to the UD cards, I got a 09 Topps Dirk, a Bowman Kidd and a green starquest Dirk.


Karl Malone isn't a Maverick, in fact there were many times I kinda hated him when playing against the Mavs. When he wasn't playing my team though, the Mailman was one of my all time favorites. It's too bad he never got a title on some great Jazz teams. I hate to say it, but it looks like Dirk and the Mavs may be the Malone and the Jazz of this decade. Always a very good team, but never quite good enough. Oh, well. Enough of the Mavs fan pity party. Thanks for the cards Zach. Sorry I don't have a link to your blog, I'm not even sure if you've got one. If you do, let me know. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment