Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Introduction

Well, I guess it's up and running. Welcome to Hey, That's Mine! I'm just getting reacquainted with collecting thanks to my two sons who are at that age now (9 & 13) where they enjoy the hobby. I haven't collected anything since high school and most of what I had as a kid is now gone. I have a small collection left after giving away the majority when I didn't think I would ever collect again. I guess that's what kids will do for you, remind us of all the things we don't do anymore, but wish we still did. So I am. My 9 yr old and I have been checking out card collecting blogs and he decided we should have one of our own and so here it is! I don't know how often I'll be updating since this is all new to us, but I plan to cover baseball & football and who know what else. We are pretty small time collectors here, like I said just getting restarted. We won't be having any box breaks anytime soon due to cost, but hopefully we'll at least make a few new friends and be able to make trades from time to time. In fact, we've already made a new friend in Tunguska over at http://longflyball.blogspot.com/. I'll make a new post about that in a bit. Anyway, I chose the name Hey, That's Mine! because we hear that a lot in our house when cards end up in the wrong hands, just as they did when I was a kid and my brother and I tried to keep our collections separate. Even now, Nobie and I squabble over which Ichiro cards belong in his binder and which ones belong in mine. Oh well, he'll get them all someday anyway! Later.

4 comments:

  1. Hey nice blog! I'm definitely reading! Thanks for subscribing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be reading? Its always fun to get back into collecting. What/who do you collect, just so I know??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Texas Rangers, Dallas Cowboys, Kurt Suzuki, Ichiro, Pujols, Elway, Payton. There's a more extensive list to the right under my profile, including what my boys like. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete