Sunday, August 30, 2009

2009 Allen & Ginter Blaster Break

Well, it seems a lot of people have been getting some fairly decent hits in A & G blasters, so we decided to try our luck. Here we go!

Pack 1:
AGHS5 - Josh Hamilton - Good start! A favorite player from our favorite team.

14 - Troy Tulowitzki (mini)
91 - Alex Gordon
23 - Kristin Armstrong - Still don't really like the non-baseball cards in these sets.
23 - Robinson Cano - Yankee, boo!
NP52 - Daisuke Matsuzaka

Pack 2:
217 - Jorge Cantu
306 - Cliff Lee (Mini)
33 - Florence Nightingale - I'll bet they don't put baseball players in the nursing card sets!
270 - Josh Outman
267 - Melvin Mora (Code Border) - I like the code borders, anyone need it?

NP56 - Edinson Volquez

Pack 3:
88 - Brad Penny
139 - Daisuke Matsuzaka - 2nd Daisuke of the box
268 - Andy Pettitte
136 - Mickey Mantle - A Yankee I don't mind getting.
HHB17 - James Reavis (mini) - I like the monster subset a lot better than these.

NP49 - Max Scherzer

Pack 4:
169 - Kazuo Matsui
44 - Freddy Sanchez
292 - Oliver Perez
259 - Napolean Bonaparte - My favorite Napolean is the one from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure!
72 - Carlos Lee (mini)
NP50 - Jair Jurrjens

Pack 5:
97 - Art Pennington (A&G back mini) - Negro league subset is cool. I'd rather there be a lot more of these than the non-baseball people.

8 - Matt Cain
90 - Bobby Crosby
24 - Steve Wiebe - A card of a dude playing Donkey Kong? WTF?
234 - Wyatt Earp
NP54 - Carlos Zambrano - A Cubbie for Nobie, but we already have it.
Pack 6:
242 - Mark Teahen
43 - Koji Uehara
20 - Adam Jones
22 - Mariano Rivera
88 - Brad Penny (mini)
NP51 - Albert Pujols - Woo hoo! An A-jols. Wait, that doesn't sound right does it?

Pack 7:
206 - Miguel Tejada (mini)
256 - Jose Lopez
246 - General Custer
42 - Mark Buehrle
61 - Burke Kenny - I think Beardy is collecting these?
NP53 - Vladimir Guerrero - Another of Nobie's favorites.

Pack 8:
67 - Ian Kinsler - Ranger great, but we already have it.
194 - Brandon Morrow
120 - Edwin Moreno
119 - Scott Lewis
NP55 - Kosuke Fukudome - Another Cubbie we already have.
160 - Max Scherzer (black border mini) - The black borders are cool, but to be honest, I don't know who this guy is.
So, we definately didn't get any hits like we were hoping for. What started off good with the Hamilton sketch card, didn't really turn out to be much of anything. I guess that's the way it goes sometimes. If you want to trade for any of these let me know, all are available except the Hamilton & Pujols. Later.

4 comments:

  1. If nobody else claims them, I'll send you some goodies for the minis and the Code card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have like 8 copies of Burke Kenny's regular base card. What I need is the black bordered mini.

    Thanks for thinking of me though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, the minis are yours. The code card may already be taken, I'm waiting to hear back for sure. I'll let you know in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Derek, I also need #8, #23, and #242 for my set! Thanks,

    ReplyDelete